Welcome to the Creekside Media Center!
Check out our Twitter Feed! Tweets by @julielibrarian
More About Media
Media is a graded class that meets for one hour, once a week. We study an array of subjects related to technology, research and library skills. Media meets on Fridays.
For the 2017-2018 school year each class will have media for one of the four quarters. When students are not scheduled for media, they will still have time designated to visit the media center, once a week (on Tuesdays or Wednesdays), to check out books.
Throughout the year, we have need for volunteers to assist with shelving books, processing books, projects and other library related tasks. In addition, we are looking for volunteers to help in our makerspace; showing students how to make digital, physical (or a combination) of objects. Some topics covered in the past include makey-makey, sewing and 3D printing. We are always looking for makers, hobbyists and techies to give mini-presentations to our students. If you're interested, please contact Julie Darling by email: email@example.com
Check Out Our YouTube Channel!
Please consider donating to our makerspace. Some items that we are currently seeking are:
- 3Doodler strands from Amazon
- 3Doodler strands from the official 3Doodler site (ABS please) any color combination
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspberry Pi Kit
- 9-Volt Battery Holders
- 9-Volt Batteries
- Conductive Tape
- Card Stock
- Perler Ironing Paper
- Extra button making supplies
- Glue sticks, both large and small, for hot glue guns
- Wood scrap
- Duct Tape
- Pillow fill
- Conductive yarn
- Conductive thread
- Conductive Tape
- Coin batteries
- Tooth brushes (or nail brushes) for brush bots
- DIY shrinky dinks OR recycled #6 plastic
- Jewelry wire
- Jewelry findings (jump rings, clasps etc.)
- Broken Jewelry (that we can take apart and make into something new)
- Pager Motors (for brush bots)
- General crafting supplies