Mill Creek Middle School
Grades Seven and Eight
*If you are on the mobile site, click on the menu icon next to the word Schools, then scroll down to see the entire content menu listed under Mill Creek.
Beginning of the Year
Required Forms to be Completed by Orientation
- Chromebook User Agreement – Parent Consent
- Chromebook User Agreement – Student Consent
- Personal Learning Platform Consent – To be used for MC's Math Program
- Student Handbook Signature Sheet
- 7th Grade Health Form – Online
- Student Scoop Survey – To be completed by each student
- Schoolpost – Parent to link to signs up for emails & volunteer for events
- Mill Creek Athletics
- Lunch Account
- SCRIP – Fundraising for 8th Grade Washington DC trip
- Meet Mill Creek's Teams Teachers
Optional Items Using PaySchool
- 7th Grade Camp Balance
- 8th Grade Team T-Shirt
- Band Items
- School Pictures
- Chromebook Insurance & Replacement Parts
STUDENT ORIENTATION 2016-1017
August 30, 2016 (Tuesday)
8th grade 3:00-4:30 pm
7th grade 6:00-7:30 pm
Students will receive school pictures, textbooks, Chromebooks, lockers, and schedules. Students and families welcome!
More About Mill Creek
Mill Creek has been labeled a National School to Watch, which identifies exemplary middle level programs in Michigan and the United States. Characteristics of a School to Watch include:
- Academically Excellent. These schools challenge all students to use their minds well.
- Responsive to Students’ Needs. These schools are sensitive to the unique developmental challenges of early adolescence.
- Socially Equitable. These schools are democratic and fair, providing every student with high-quality teachers, resources, and supports.
Mill Creek uses research-based team teaching. Students also have choice to explore a variety of programs through our elective program, which offers over 50 courses students may choose from. We use Carnegie Turning Points and Breaking Ranks in the Middle recommendations to:
- Create small communities
- Teach a core academic program
- Ensure success for all students
- Empower teachers and administrators
- Staff middle grade schools with teachers who are experts
- Improve academic performance through fostering health and fitness
- Reengage families
- Connect schools with communities
Our primary goal is to provide an academically challenging program while addressing the social and emotional needs of all children. Staff strive to give each child a sense of belonging as students navigate the adolescent years.