School Safety Information
School Resource Officer
School Resource Officer Jeremy Hilobuk has worked for the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office for twenty years. He was assigned as a Detective to a multi-jurisdictional Major Case Team from 2001-2008 and was also on the Washtenaw County SWAT team from 1998-2011.
Officer Hilobuk's main office is at the high school but he works in all the buildings as needed.
(734)424-4100 ext. 7228
School Liaison Officer Program
The School Liaison Officer Program is part of a cooperative effort between education, law enforcement, and the community. The program promotes positive and effective communication between youth, teachers and law enforcement.
The goals of the program are:
- Create a safer school environment by:
- Encouraging more positive attitudes towards rules, laws and society;
- Supporting conflict resolution and the responsibilities of citizenship;
- Teaching young people the concepts of the criminal justice system, objectives of law enforcement--as it regards public and individual safety;
- Assisting in the prevention of delinquency and criminal activity among young people.
- Dispel misconceptions about law enforcement and society;
- Act as a sounding board for student and parent concerns;
- Act as liaison with courts, social services and other community programs;
- Be a resource for information and community presenters.
For more information about the program, please visit their website.
MCL 29.19 mandates that districts post documentation about school safety drills on their websites.