Employment StatusA background check is a condition of your employment. Instructors working with youth must be fingerprinted. Volunteer assistants and parent helpers must complete the Volunteer Form and have a background check.
Community Education generally contracts for employees through EduStaff. Return new hire paperwork to Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302).
Some Community Education courses are taught by contractors. Contractors must submit the following paperwork prior to class start date in order to be paid.
- Current W-9 form (this must be updated annually)
- Dexter Community Schools Vendor Information Form
- Contracted Services Agreement
- REP Report
- CDC concussion training verification (State Law requires all coaches and instructors of active classes for youth to complete concussion training.)
- Background check - contact Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302) to obtain the form.
Return all contractor forms to:
Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302).
EduStaff employees are paid hourly or by stipend, depending on their arrangements. Hourly employees are paid every other Friday, and time sheets are due to the Community Education secretary the Monday of the pay week.
EduStaff stipend employees will be paid on the next Friday after their class is completed.
Contract Instructors are paid on the 15th or 31st day of the month after their class finishes.
Propose a Class
Interested in teaching a class?
Submit a proposal!