Food & Nutrition
Dexter Food and Nutrition offers convenient and nutritious meals for all students, as well as snacks with beverages for students in K-6th grades. All the information on this page is contained in our easily printed Program Guide. Please click the items below for specific information on each topic. Forms for all programs are in the right-side menu.
2020-2021 Meal Distribution for Dexter Children
Recent changes from the USDA will allow us to continue offering meals free of charge to any child 18 years and younger as well as special needs students up to 26 for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year!
At Mill Creek Middle School on Wednesdays from 11:30am-1pm, meal kits are available to families that include breakfasts and lunches for the week. Meal kits are available for in-person and virtual students!
To pick up meal kits for students who have special dietary requirements please contact F&N directly at 734-424-4186 at least two days prior to the pick up day.
For those who find it difficult to make the pick up time frame we will be offering home delivery. Please sign up using this form.
Free breakfasts and lunches are also available to students during their in-school days! Your child can take part, here’s how!
Breakfast Opt-In: Use this link to sign-up once for breakfast daily. Breakfast Opt-In Form
Lunch: Pre-order your student’s lunches up to six days in advance through www.SendMoneyToSchool.com. Here is a video to walk you through the quick steps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCRqLXTAS_8Ss-sEMal4oOdtOuT8GlG3/view?usp=sharing
- Meal kits will still be available while students are in remote or virtual formats
- Meal kits will be free to all children 18 and under or for special needs students up to 26
- Distribution day will be Wednesday 11:30am-1pm for weekly meal kits
- Deliveries will be available to families who request them
- Please still consider filling out a Free & Reduced Price Meal application at https://lunchapp.com/ - This is important for school data and is beneficial when the meal program changes
- Meal kits must meet USDA nutritional requirements. If there is anything in the meal kit that you can’t use please feel free to share it with another who could use it.
If you have any questions, please contact Food & Nutrition Director Jennifer Mattison at 734-424-4186 or email: email@example.com
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
- Food and Nutrition
2704 Baker Rd.
Dexter, MI 48130
- M-F 8:00am - 4:00pm
- (734) 424-4100
Jennifer Mattison ext. 1501
Roxanne Maze ext. 1502
Dara Wandyg, Student Accounts ext. 1503
- Director Jennifer Mattison