Please note: the 2019-20 calendar is still being determined. Selecting PD days, etc. is part of teacher contract negotiations, which are typically not complete before mid-May. As soon as those dates are agreed upon, we will post the full calendar here.
- Link to PDF version of 2018-19 Calendar updated 5/9/19
- Link to PDF of Washtenaw County Common Calendar, 2017-2022 (Dexter follows this calendar. This includes school year start dates, winter break, and spring break.)
|DHS||MC Athletics||DHS Athletics|
Please use the tabs at the top of the calendar to change the display. If the classic grid calendar is hard for you to read, try using the list display icon available in the tabs at the top right side of the calendar, next to the alerts button.
Balancing Technology for Tweens
Creekside Intermediate School and Wylie Elementary School are partnering to provide our families with ongoing support and learning around our children’s social and emotional well being. We appreciate the challenges that our parents and guardians face when raising children in today’s world so we have formed a steering committee comprised of Creekside and Wylie parents and faculty who will plan and facilitate sessions beginning this spring and on into the future in order to support our families.
We realize that technology can be very difficult to navigate for parents/guardians so we decided that this will be the focus of our first few sessions. We are fortunate that Dr. Tiffany Munzer will be presenting at Creekside on May 8th from 7:00-8:00 p.m. to our parents/guardians and will return to work with us during the 2019-20 school year. Dr. Munzer is a fellow in developmental behavioral pediatrics at the University of Michigan. She is interested in how families use digital media together and is passionate about helping families find a balance with technology that works for their lives, when facing many other competing demands.
As we get close to summer, which is a time when kids have more free time, balancing technology can become even more challenging. Parents and guardians, please join us on May 8th to:
- Get connected with other parents/guardians of tweens who face similar challenges
- Hear the latest research related to the effects of technology on children
- Receive a menu of strategies for balancing technology with your family
- Enjoy refreshments and conversation at the end of the presentation with parents, guardians, school staff and Dr. Munzer
If you plan to attend, please RSVP at the following link:
The Creekside-Wylie Connections Steering Committee