All evening activities at DCS facilities are canceled for today, Thursday, February 27th. This includes Community Education Activities, Middle School Athletics, and Community Meetings. DHS Varsity Hockey Districts will still be played as they are an MHSAA district contest.
The Reproductive Health Curriculum Community Information Session is also canceled and is rescheduled for Thursday, March 12th from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Creekside Intermediate School Room 311. There will not be a second hearing or DCS Board Discussion regarding the Reproductive Health Proposal until after we have the opportunity to hold the community session on March 12th and have time to review the questions asked from community members at that session. See the Superintendent's page for more details and a FAQ: dexterschools.org/superintendent
Everything You Need to Know About Teaching for Dexter Community Education
Interested in teaching a class?
Submit a proposal!
Please review our district school calendar when proposing your class dates. Community Education classes do not meet on days when school is not in session during the school year. Submit completed proposal to Jon Keith.
A background check is a condition of your employment. Instructors working with youth must be fingerprinted.
Some Community Education courses are taught by contractors. Contractors must submit the following paperwork prior to class start date in order to be paid.
- Current W-9 form (this must be updated annually)
- Dexter Community Schools Vendor Information Form
- Contracted Services Agreement
- REP Report
- CDC concussion training verification (State Law requires all coaches and instructors of active classes for youth to complete concussion training.)
- Background check - contact Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302) to obtain the form.
Return all contractor forms to: Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302).
- EduStaff employees are paid hourly or by stipend, depending on their arrangements. Hourly employees are paid every other Friday, and time sheets are due to the Community Education secretary the Monday of the pay week.
- EduStaff stipend employees will be paid on the next Friday after their class is completed.
- Contract Instructors are paid on the 15th or 31st day of the month after their class finishes.