Parents - we’re so sorry that we have to close today but the dirt roads that comprise much of our district are not safely passable for our buses.
Thank you and Go Dreads!
Everything You Need to Know About Teaching for Dexter Community Education
Interested in teaching a class?
Submit a proposal!
Please review our district school calendar when proposing your class dates. Community Education classes do not meet on days when school is not in session during the school year. Submit completed proposal to Jon Keith.
A background check is a condition of your employment. Instructors working with youth must be fingerprinted.
Some Community Education courses are taught by contractors. Contractors must submit the following paperwork prior to class start date in order to be paid.
- Current W-9 form (this must be updated annually)
- Dexter Community Schools Vendor Information Form
- Contracted Services Agreement
- REP Report
- CDC concussion training verification (State Law requires all coaches and instructors of active classes for youth to complete concussion training.)
- Background check - contact Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302) to obtain the form.
Return all contractor forms to: Jon Keith (734-424-4180 ext. 1302).
- EduStaff employees are paid hourly or by stipend, depending on their arrangements. Hourly employees are paid every other Friday, and time sheets are due to the Community Education secretary the Monday of the pay week.
- EduStaff stipend employees will be paid on the next Friday after their class is completed.
- Contract Instructors are paid on the 15th or 31st day of the month after their class finishes.