DHS Main Office
PLEASE PLAN AHEAD TO AVOID LAST-MINUTE DELAYS.
- Students may be excused by a parent message on the attendance line within 24 hours of the absence or tardy. Please call 734 424-4240, and select Option #1.
Late Arrival and Early Dismissal Procedures:
- Students arriving after the beginning of the school day, or departing before the end of the school day, must sign in or out in the office. Students must have permission before leaving the building.
- Failure to sign in or out will result in an unexcused absence.
Early Dismissal Passes:
- Students leaving during the school day need to obtain a pass from the office prior to the start of the class that they are leaving.
- Students should bring a note to the office before their first class with the following information: the date, the time the student should be dismissed from class, whether or not the student will be returning to school, and a parent contact number and signature. PLEASE PRINT THE STUDENT’S FIRST AND LAST NAME.
- A pass will be issued to the student, which should be signed by the teacher at the time that the student is dismissed from class.
- The student needs to bring that pass to the office, check in with a secretary, and then sign out on the computer.
- Students are allowed to use cell phones between classes and at lunch.
- Students who are ill should come to the office to call home.
- A table is available in the office for items that are dropped off for students during the school day. Students should check the table between classes or at lunch if they are expecting a drop off.
- Students are not permitted to go to their cars during the school day.
- DHS is a Closed Campus. Students are not permitted to leave for lunch.
Students under the age of 18 who wish to seek employment must have a valid work permit. These are available in the Main Office in the black boxes by the clock. Please be sure that the top section, including the student’s signature, and the middle section, including the employer’s signature, are complete before you bring your work permit to the Main Office for the secretary’s signature. Also, please be aware that we may not be able to complete your work permit while you wait. If you bring your work permit to the office in the morning, we will have it completed for you by the end of the school day.
- Mrs. Wing is our Attendance Secretary. She can help you and your student with questions relating to student attendance, late arrival/early dismissal and signing in and out of school, work permits, and other general information. If you aren’t sure where to go, or who to ask, see Mrs. Wing. firstname.lastname@example.org X7011
- Mrs. Leventis is our Student Accounts Secretary. She can help you and your student with questions regarding medications at school, exiting the district, change of address, vacation forms, and other general information. email@example.com X7012
- Mrs. Bastion is the Secretary to the Principal. She can help you and your student with questions regarding scheduling a meeting with Mr. Moran, ordering books for dual enrollment classes, Power School, and other general information. firstname.lastname@example.org X7013
- Mrs. Agostini (Connie) is the Office ParaEducator. She can help your student with questions regarding Consortium, student parking permits, detention and Saturday School, lockers, and other general information. email@example.com X7015
- Work Permits
- Student Office Procedures Fact Sheet
- Absence & Tardy Policy (from the DCS Student Handbook)
- Student Emergency Forms
- Event Posting Guidelines
- Student Parking Registration Forms
- DCS Calendar
- DHS Map
- MHSAA Physical Forms
- Opt-out for photos, military, and directory
- Vacation Approval Forms
- Yearbook Order Forms
- Senior Ad Order Forms
- Power School Sign-in Info Sheet
- IB Program Information
- MESP (Michigan Education Savings Plan)