Summit Learning Platform Information
General Information about the Program
- The Summit Base Camp website has great resources to learn more about Summit Public Schools.
- Read about the role of students and teachers in Summit Learning.
- Read about the student experience provided by Summit Schools. The article below provides a good summary of the student experience provided by Summit Schools.
- Read research about self-directed learning written by Matt Wilka and Jeff Cohen from FSG, a nonprofit consulting firm specializing in strategy, evaluation and research.
- Summit PLP Presentation from 3/20/2018
What is Personalized Learning Time?
Grading in the Summit Learning Program
Privacy with Summit Learning
Summit voluntarily complies with COPPA and has designed the Platform to be compliant with FERPA. Participating schools control the data that is provided to Summit and do so in a manner that is consistent with FERPA. Summit has strong data privacy protections in place to prevent unauthorized access and use of information. You can find Summit's statement about the importance of data privacy on their Privacy Center.
Summit has access only to a limited amount of student information that our school (or the student) shares with them, and Summit only uses that information to provide and improve the Summit Learning Platform.
Summit is sponsored by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI), which was founded by Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan in December 2015. CZI is a philanthropic organization that brings together world-class engineering, grant-making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Their initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. They are also exploring other issues tied to the promotion of equal opportunity including access to affordable housing and criminal justice reform.