Annual Education Report
Student Assessment Data – Elementary or middle school assessment results on the Michigan Educational Assessment Program (MEAP), high school assessment results on Michigan Merit Exam (MME), and assessment results for students with disabilities on Michigan’s Alternative Assessment Program (MI-Access or MEAP-Access)
- Presents achievement data for all five tested subjects (mathematics, reading, science, social studies and writing) compared to targets for all students as well as subgroups of students.
- Helps parents understand achievement progress within schools and compare these to district and State achievement.
Accountability Scorecard – Due to the transition from MEAP tests to the M‐STEP test, the accountability portion of the AER is limited to assessment participation and graduation/attendance rates. Full accountability reporting will resume with the 2015‐2016 AER.
Teacher Qualification Data
- Identifies teacher qualifications at district and school levels
- Reports percentage of core academic classes taught by teachers not considered highly qualified to teach such classes
NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- Provides State results of the national assessment in mathematics and reading every other year in grades 4 and 8.
Dexter Community Schools had a great year and will continue to work on behalf of our students. DHS was recognized by the college board as part of the AP Honor Roll while also having 94% of our IB full-diploma candidates achieve the diploma. Meanwhile. DCS is positioned as a leader in Washtenaw COunty and the State of Michigan in overall state test scores. We will continue to align our curriculum and support our teachers on effective instructional delivery while focusing on positive relationships with our students and community.
Have a great year, and Go Dreadnaughts!
Christopher Timmis, Ed.D.