Mill Creek Middle School
Grades Seven and Eight
*If you are on the mobile site, click on the menu icon next to the word Schools, then scroll down to see the entire content menu listed under Mill Creek.
Scheduling 2018-2019 Information
Scheduling for the 2018-2019 school year is due March 9, 2018.
Please complete the PARENT SCHEDULING SURVEY - by March 9, 2018.
This is your opportunity to indicate your preference for Full Personalized/Problem Based Learning Team (Formally called Basecamp), or Hybrid Personalized/Problem Based Learning Team, (Math & Science on Platform) (This information will be used to aid in class placement.) (Parents of twins, triplets or step children...please indicate in the survey if you would like children on the same team or different teams.)
Course Registration Instructions
Mill Creek Elective/Course Descriptions - Students and Parents should look online at electives ahead of time.
To Learn More About Summit - visit the following links.
Additional important links...
- Mill Creek Athletics
- Lunch Account
- Meet Mill Creek's Teacher Team
- SCRIPT- Fundraising for 8th Grade Washington DC trip
- Bus Routes
Please click on the following titles for more information on:
Mill Creek uses research-based team teaching. Students also have choice to explore a variety of programs through our elective program, which offers over 50 courses students may choose from. We use Carnegie Turning Points and Breaking Ranks in the Middle recommendations to:
- Create small communities
- Teach a core academic program
- Ensure success for all students
- Empower teachers and administrators
- Staff middle grade schools with teachers who are experts
- Improve academic performance through fostering health and fitness
- Reengage families
- Connect schools with communities
Our primary goal is to provide an academically challenging program while addressing the social and emotional needs of all children. Staff strive to give each child a sense of belonging as students navigate the adolescent years.
More About Mill Creek
Mill Creek has been labeled a National School to Watch, which identifies exemplary middle level programs in Michigan and the United States. Characteristics of a School to Watch include:
- Academically Excellent. These schools challenge all students to use their minds well.
- Responsive to Students’ Needs. These schools are sensitive to the unique developmental challenges of early adolescence.
- Socially Equitable. These schools are democratic and fair, providing every student with high-quality teachers, resources, and supports.