Mill Creek Middle School
Grades Seven and Eight
*If you are on the mobile site, click on the menu icon next to the word Schools, then scroll down to see the entire content menu listed under Mill Creek.
Scheduling for 7th Grade
2020-2021 School Year
Scheduling for the 2020-2021 school year will be active soon through PowerSchool!
Please be sure to schedule your child by March 9, 2020!
2019-2020 Academic Teams
- Darnton, Mutschler, Saulles, Selecman, Nowitzke (7th - Hybrid)
- Hoelscher, Jastren, Sperendi, Wineman, McNeal (7th - Summit)
- Burgess, Fyke, Elmy, Gallaher, Davidson (7th-8th Traditional)
- Fry, Ivan, Kelley, Park, Vess (8th - Hybrid)
- Dever, Grant, Schlanderer, Sinopoli, Arbour (8th - Summit)
- Emergency Form Online! - Update Student Info - Use Gateway to Update Information (This will include the Student Handbook Signature requirement!)
- Mill Creek Athletics
- Lunch Account
- Meet Mill Creek's Teacher Team
- SCRIPT- Fundraising for 8th Grade Washington DC trip
- Bus Routes
- Chromebook FAQ's / Chromebook Student/Parent Agreement
- Student Scoop Survey – To be completed by each student
- Mill Creek Special Education Information - Parent Resource
Please click on the following titles for more information on:
Mill Creek uses research-based team teaching. Students also have choice to explore a variety of programs through our elective program, which offers over 50 courses students may choose from. We use Carnegie Turning Points and Breaking Ranks in the Middle recommendations to:
- Create small communities
- Teach a core academic program
- Ensure success for all students
- Empower teachers and administrators
- Staff middle grade schools with teachers who are experts
- Improve academic performance through fostering health and fitness
- Reengage families
- Connect schools with communities
Our primary goal is to provide an academically challenging program while addressing the social and emotional needs of all children. Staff strive to give each child a sense of belonging as students navigate the adolescent years.
More About Mill Creek
Mill Creek has been labeled a National School to Watch, which identifies exemplary middle level programs in Michigan and the United States. Characteristics of a School to Watch include:
- Academically Excellent. These schools challenge all students to use their minds well.
- Responsive to Students’ Needs. These schools are sensitive to the unique developmental challenges of early adolescence.
- Socially Equitable. These schools are democratic and fair, providing every student with high-quality teachers, resources, and supports.