DHS Counseling Department
The mission of the Dexter High School counseling department is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services to all students. Our program, as guided by the ASCA National Model, is designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, career, and personal/social strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens. There is a commitment to individual uniqueness and the maximum development of human potential. Through the skillful use of strategic, timely, and personal interventions, counselors customize educational experiences in order to enhance capabilities, close achievement gaps among high and low performing groups and support positive choices.
Read more about our guiding principles, services, standards, and focus areas in our School Counseling Mission Statement.
Wondering how to sign up for email and other notifications?
DCS uses Blackboard to communicate with families and staff. Blackboard uses our student records software to automatically send messages to students in a particular class, grade, or building – you don't need to sign up for those groups. Clubs, music, and other groups are set up by staff during the first weeks of each semester or school year. You can update your phone and email with your school office. To change your mailing address with the district, you need to complete a change of address form.
Updated your email but still aren't receiving messages you think you should be?
- Click on Let's Talk on our website and select the emails link to let us know if you want to be added to or removed from an existing group list other than class, grade, or building.
- Please include your name, relationship to student, current email and cell phone, and student name and birthdate for all change requests.
- Have a grandparent or other interested relative who wants to subscribe to building emails? Have them contact the school office to be added as a community member in Blackboard.
- Changing your email that you use to log into PowerSchool does not update the student record. Only district staff can do that.
- If you unsubscribe from Blackboard, it removes you from every mailing list. If you just want to be removed from one list, or voicemail, or texts please send a message to email@example.com.