DHS Counseling Department
The mission of the Dexter High School counseling department is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services to all students. Our program, as guided by the ASCA National Model, is designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, career, and personal/social strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens. There is a commitment to individual uniqueness and the maximum development of human potential. Through the skillful use of strategic, timely, and personal interventions, counselors customize educational experiences in order to enhance capabilities, close achievement gaps among high and low performing groups and support positive choices.
Read more about our guiding principles, services, standards, and focus areas in our School Counseling Mission Statement.
(post updated 5:30pm 3/19/2020) (post updated 7:30pm 3/20/2020)
(update 3-23-2020: Governor Whitmer has ordered all schools closed through April 13th.)
Due to the State-mandated COVID-19 District closure, many school events have been cancelled or postponed. As directed by Governor Whitmer, all our staff are working remotely, making phone call responses difficult. Rather than leaving a voicemail, please consider sending an email to your concerned party or to email@example.com if you don't know who to ask. Or use Let's Talk to look for an answer. The high-interest events below have not yet been cancelled or rescheduled. We will post updates here and on the relevant pages when we have them.
- (updated 3-27) Schools of Choice Application statuses will be emailed out early in the week starting March 30th.
- (updated 3/25/2020) Kindergarten and Young 5 Registration will be virtual. Please visit dexterschools.org/kgy5 for updated instructions. Please complete the confirmation survey by April 7th: Dexter Community Schools 2020-2021 Young Five and Kindergarten Registration Confirmation Survey
- The band trip to Disney is in the process of being rescheduled for fall. 2020 Dr. Ken Moore emailed a detailed update to all families concerned on 3/18/2020.
- (Updated) The D.C. trip has been cancelled. Jami Bronson emailed 8th grade parents detailed information about refunds, etc. You do NOT need to contact NationsClassroom to cancel yourself; that will slow the process. You *may* want to log in to your account and ensure your mailing address is correct. Please read Ms. Bronson's email for further info.
- (Added) Community Education Classes: Due to the uncertainty of programming as a result of COVID-19, registration for Spring classes (scheduled to open on Monday, March 23) is postponed, as is the mailing of the Spring/Summer catalog. The only exception to this is online registration for Safety Town, which will open on Monday.
Please visit dexterschools.org for the pop-up notification of the latest news from the Superintendent. Those posts are archived on the Superintendent's page, as well: dexterschools.org/superintendent.