Welcome to Dexter Community Education! We provide recreational and enrichment programming for children through adults:
- Childcare and preschool programs for children ages 0-5 years at Jenkins Early Childhood Learning Center
- After-school care as well as no-school day special programs for schoolage children in young fives through sixth grade
- Swim lessons and lifeguard training, open swim, lap swim, and senior citizen swim exercise class
- Afterschool enrichment classes for students
- Recreational sports classes, fitness programs, and travel sport opportunities for school-age children
- Evening enrichment and exercise classes for adults
- We also reserve district facilities for use outside of school hours.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not call or mail confirmations of registration, so come to your class at the scheduled time unless otherwise notified.
Please register early; we may cancel classes that appear to have low enrollment prior to the start date. In the event that we cancel a class that has some enrollees, we will notify you of that status.
When weather or building issues affect our programs, we usually notify people first through email. This is simply the most efficient method when we are dealing with a large number of affected customers.
Please ensure that your account includes your most current email so that we can share important information with you.
A full refund will be issued if a class is cancelled for lack of enrollment. There is a $5.00 per class processing fee for refund requests not due to class cancellation.
Refunds for dropping a class must be requested at least one week before the class begins. A partial refund for dropping a swim class is permitted if requested before the second class meeting. There is no refund, credit, or reduction of fees for any class missed by a student, including late registration.
A class cancelled by Community Education because of weather, instructor illness, etc. will be rescheduled if possible. If a swim class cannot be made up, a swim pass will be issued as compensation.
Give the Gift of Experience!
Searching for the perfect gift?
Give the gift of experience -- a Community Education class or gift certificate. Funds are good for classes, rentals, and swim passes. You choose the class or amount. We have nice certificates to present your gift.
Recipients may swap classes if they prefer by calling or stopping by our office. Unused funds remain a credit on the recipient's Community Education account for one year. Please contact our office for any assistance needed before the certificate's expiration date.
Questions? Call 734-424-4180 Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
All Community Education classes are held in Dexter School buildings, unless otherwise noted:
- Anchor Elementary (formerly Cornerstone), 7480 Dan Hoey Rd.
- Beacon Elementary (formerly Bates), 7480 Dan Hoey Rd.
- Creekside Intermediate School, 2615 Baker Rd. (Enter through the south side double doors by the larger parking lot)
- Mill Creek Middle School, 7305 Dexter-Ann Arbor Road
- Wylie Elementary, 3060 Kensington St.
- Dexter High School, 2200 N. Parker Road