Your compensation is based on your Master Agreement or individual contract of employment. Please see the items below for specific information pertaining to payroll.
For questions, please contact:
Phone: (734) 424-4100 x1014
Fax: (734) 424-4111
The District recognizes certain days of the calendar year as “Holidays.” The implication of district-recognized holidays varies amongst different employee groups.
When a holiday falls on a Saturday, the day is observed on the preceding Friday. When a holiday falls on a Sunday, the day is observed on the following Monday.
Paydays are the 15th and last day of the month. If the 15th or last day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, then the payday is moved a day earlier.
The holidays for calendar year 2019 are:
- January 1, 2019 Tuesday New Year's Day
- January 21, 2019 Monday Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 18, 2019 Monday President's Day
- May 27, 2019 Monday Memorial Day
- July 4, 2019 Thursday Independence Day-July 4
- September 2, 2019 Monday Labor Day
- November 28, 2019 Thursday Thanksgiving Day
- November 29, 2019 Friday Day after Thanksgiving
- December 24, 2019 Tuesday Christmas Eve Day
- December 25, 2019 Wednesday Christmas Day
- December 31, 2019 Tuesday New Year's Eve Day
- [January 1, 2020 Wednesday New Year's Day]
DCS Pay Schedules by Group
- DAA members and other individuals with a 12-month contract of employment are paid equally over 24 paydays between July 15 and next June 30.
- DEA members have the choice to have salary paid equally over 24 paydays between September 15 and next August or 19 paydays between September 15 and June 15. Those electing 19 paydays will not receive a paycheck on June 30, July 15, July 31, August 15, or August 31.
- DESPA, IUOE, and other hourly employees are paid for work performed from the 1st through the 15th of the month on the last day of the month and for work performed from the 16th through the last day of the month on the 15th of the following month.
- Coaching stipends for DEA members are paid on November 30 for Fall sports, March 31 for Winter sports, and May 31 Spring sports. Non-DEA members who have a Coaching assignment are employed by PESG, LLC.
- Extra duty stipends are paid one-half on November 30 and one-half on May 31 for assignments that run for an entire year. Assignments that are completed by December 31 are paid on November 30. Assignments that are completed after January 31 are paid on May 31.
Employees have the option of receiving pay by Direct Deposit and/or Payroll Debit Card. Dexter Community Schools does not process paper paychecks.
As of July 1, 2015, DCS has switched to eSuite to manage payroll information for employees. To enter work time and view paychecks after July, 1st, 2015, please use the eSuite Portal.
Old Payroll Information
Paydays are the 15th and last day of the month. If the 15th or last day of the month falls on a weekend or a District Holiday, then the payday is moved to the day before the weekend or District Holiday.
Here is the 2019-20 Pay Calendar
DESPA, DAA, and Individual Contract employees must enter their attendance in eSuite within 2 business days of the end of each pay period.
The link to eSuite is on the sidebar of the Staff Resources tab for easy access.
Directions for each group listed above vary slightly. Please refer to the following guides for complete information for your group.
- DESPA: Building and Grounds, Parapros, Secretaries and Transportation
- Individual Contract Employees
If you have any questions regarding time entry or accruals, please contact Mike Wagner by email or call phone extension 1014.
Payroll Debit Card Information
- Direct Deposit/Payroll Debit Card Authorization Form
- Employee Contact Info Change Form
- Manual Timesheet (pdf)
- Manual Timesheet (xls file)
- Manual Salary Absence Form (pdf)
- Manual Salary Absence Form (xls file)
- Employee Federal Withholding Form (W4)
- Employee State Withholding Form (Mi-W4)
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9)
- DEA Time Report Form
- DEA Request for Early Payout of Leave Days