All evening activities at DCS facilities are canceled for today, Thursday, February 27th. This includes Community Education Activities, Middle School Athletics, and Community Meetings. DHS Varsity Hockey Districts will still be played as they are an MHSAA district contest.
The Reproductive Health Curriculum Community Information Session is also canceled and is rescheduled for Thursday, March 12th from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Creekside Intermediate School Room 311. There will not be a second hearing or DCS Board Discussion regarding the Reproductive Health Proposal until after we have the opportunity to hold the community session on March 12th and have time to review the questions asked from community members at that session. See the Superintendent's page for more details and a FAQ: dexterschools.org/superintendent
We will encourage and develop each student's individual abilities, skills, and character, to shape tomorrow's world through positive relationships, best practices, and a shared sense of purpose.
- Working with passion, pride, and integrity to realize one's personal best
- Providing quality educational opportunities for all learners at all levels
- Continually evaluating the effectiveness and relevancy of the K-12 curriculum to better achieve desired student outcomes
- Maximizing fiscal effectiveness, efficiency, and stability in the operation and the physical resources of the school district
- Eliminating prejudice and discrimination to promote tolerance and a respectful school environment
- Enhancing dialogue with the community to increase and strengthen the essential partnership of staff, students, and community.
- Ensuring a safe and secure learning environment to maximize student achievement
- Student Learning Provide a world class education that develops, challenges and inspires all students
- Positive Human Connections Develop a culture of respect and caring for one another that exists within the entire school community
- Communication Maintain and improve on-going, two way communication with all segments of the school district; Maintain and improve on-going, two way communication with all segments of the community at large; Pursue meaningful partnerships at every level; Examine what we are doing and what works well
- Finance Continue to implement effective business operations practices; Improve communication to provide transparent, accurate, useful, information to all stakeholders; Provide better access to more useful tools for program managers and other staff; Provide better access to easily understood general information; Provide long-term financial stability to support education program goals; Manage bond projects effectively
- Facilities Provide a safe, clean, and healthy environment that is aesthetically pleasing and conducive to exemplary learning; Conserve energy usage; Growth building usage accommodation