School Safety Information
School Resource Officer
School Resource Officer Jeremy Hilobuk has worked for the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office for twenty years. He was assigned as a Detective to a multi-jurisdictional Major Case Team from 2001-2008 and was also on the Washtenaw County SWAT team from 1998-2011.
Officer Hilobuk's main office is at the high school but he works in all the buildings as needed.
(734)424-4100 ext. 7228
School Liaison Officer Program
The School Liaison Officer Program is part of a cooperative effort between education, law enforcement, and the community. The program promotes positive and effective communication between youth, teachers and law enforcement.
The goals of the program are:
- Create a safer school environment by:
- Encouraging more positive attitudes towards rules, laws and society;
- Supporting conflict resolution and the responsibilities of citizenship;
- Teaching young people the concepts of the criminal justice system, objectives of law enforcement--as it regards public and individual safety;
- Assisting in the prevention of delinquency and criminal activity among young people.
- Dispel misconceptions about law enforcement and society;
- Act as a sounding board for student and parent concerns;
- Act as liaison with courts, social services and other community programs;
- Be a resource for information and community presenters.
For more information about the program, please visit their website.
MCL 29.19 mandates that districts post documentation about school safety drills on their websites.
Here are the DCS Safety Drills for the 2017-18 school year.
Here are the DCS Safety Drills for the 2016-17 school year.