Dexter Community Schools is pleased to announce that we will be continuing to offer a full-time, or part-time, virtual learning option for grades Y5-8 utilizing the Lincoln Learning online platform. The curriculum is aligned with state standards.
Dexter Community Schools Supports:
Courses will be taught by a Michigan certified teacher.
Dexter Community Schools will provide a certified teacher mentor to each student for additional support.
Students will be issued a district-owned device (Chromebook or iPad) to complete coursework remotely.
Counseling and Special Education programs will continue to be provided.
Virtual learners are eligible to participate in DCS extracurricular activities and enjoy the benefits and amenities of being part of the district while working remotely.
Students are required to communicate their weekly progress via email, or phone call, with their assigned DCS mentor.
For grades Y5-5, parents/guardians are able to provide this communication for their learner.
We are here to help!
This central page is designed to be a one-stop shop for families and students who need help with the technical aspects of remote learning.
Tech Help Hotline: 734-424-4202
This number rings for all available tech staff during regular business hours. If they don't answer, they are occupied. There is no option to leave a voicemail, so if you don't get an answer, please try again in a few minutes.
Resources for Everyone
- Technology Receipt and Responsibility Form and Virtual Meeting Opt-Out. This form must be signed (no electronic signatures) and returned to DCS in order to pick up your devices. We will have extra blank copies at pick-up if you are unable to print or forget to do it ahead of time.
- Connecting Your Device to Wifi
- Video Conferencing Guidelines for Students
- iPad Insurance Form
- MacBook Air Insurance Form
- Chromebook Insurance Form
- Link to Complete Device Insurance Payments